The photo etch technology of lapel pin making is usually produced by drawing software such as CDR and Photoshop first, then, make the designed graphics into the film and transfer or exposure the relative graphics on the metal sheet accordingly. Not like the stamping and casting, photo etched lapel pins don't require any additional new graphics mould. The design of the lapel pin is directly transferred to the film. Through the exposure technology, the graphics will be transferred to bronze sheet, stainless steel sheet, iron sheet or aluminum sheet. Thus, there is no mould charge for photo etched lapel pins. Below are the specific operational steps of making the photo etched lapel pins.
1. Create and approve the production artwork, then create the film.
2. Print the protective ink or wax on the metal sheet surface, then transfer the graphic to the material sheet by exposure. The area need to be etched would be with no protective ink or wax while the raised metal area would be covered by protective ink or wax. Then put the exposure metal sheet into the chemical liquid for etching.
3. Wash the metal sheet after chemical etching and remove the covered ink or wax layer by heating.
4. Polish the metal sheet to make the raised metal part of the lapel pin look bright and show a strong metallic texture.
5. Coloring the pins, and then punching the logo piece by piece from the whole metal sheet, soldering the attachment, plating etc.. Pack the finished photo etched lapel pins with special package such as brocade box and velvet box according to customer's requirement.
Please notice that corrosive liquid is dangerous chemicals so be sure to protect your self-safety during the production.